As part of the OBA's Strategic Review, the Board of Directors developed a new, more streamlined and focused board committee structure as well as Terms of Reference to guide them. It also developed position descriptions for each of the Officer positions.
The development of the structure was guided by the following criteria:
- Directly relate to and enable priority goals of the OBA.
- Build on strengths of previous committees.
- Provide clear accountability to the board through planning.
- Enable effective communications and collaboration between committees, the board and staff.
- Minimize bureaucracy and enable speedy response and action.
- Encourage participation of all board member and invite member participation.
- Support short-term assignments or sub-committees.
To view the full document detailing the structure and Terms of Reference, click here.