Ontario Beekeeping Manual (with an emphasis on Integrated Pest Management)
$30.48 (+ GST) - 208pgs
- The Ontario Beekeeping Manual provides guidance and information about the honey bee colony, equipment & attire, seasonal management of bees, winter feeding, honey bee health and marketing your hive products.
Ontario Queen Rearing Manual
$25.71 (+ GST) - 68pgs
- The Ontario Queen Rearing Manual provides insight and instructions about rearing high quality honey bee queens. Topics like genetics, stock selection, cell builders, rearing methods and handling cells & virgins & mated queens are covered in this manual.
Elemental Genetics and Breeding for the Honey Bee
$20.95 (+ GST) 52pgs
- Wrriten by Dr. Ernesto Guzman-Novoa, this book is intended to provide basic knowledge on the fundamentals of genetics, and practical ways of applying genetic principles for honey bee breeding.
Honey Bee Diseases and Pests (CAPA)
$9.52 (+ GST) 28pgs
- Full of colour pictures and up to date information with great information about the pest and diseases that afflict the honey bee in Canada.
IPM for Healthy Bees (CHC)
$14.29 (+ GST)
- This full colour 3x5" pocket sized booklet summarizes the cultural controls, monitoring and treatment required for managing bees for Varroa Mites, Tracheal Mites, American Foulbrood and Nosema.
Purchased in sets or single discs - Contact TTP for single disc purchases. email@example.com
2011 Annual General Meeting (OBA)
$44.25 (+ HST)
A 4-Disc Set of presentations from the 2011 Annual General Meeting.
- D1 - Rod Scarlett (CHC Update), Les Eccles (TTP - Hive Beetle), Dr. Guzman and Grad Students & Paul Kozak (OMAFRA - Hive Beetle)
- D2 - Dr. Frank Eischen (USDA - Nosema), Gary Reuter (UoM - Experimental Design) and Karen Miles (BeeMaid Update)
- D3 - Nancy Comber (OBA - Grocery Stores), Paul Bailey (OMAFRA - Honey Regulations), Don LeDrew (ACC) & Dr. Eischen (USDA - Feeding Colonies)
- D4 - Rebecca Metzger (Agricorp - SDRM), Gary Reuter (UoM - Drones & Mating), Janet Tam (TTP - MAQS), Ginger Reuter (Candle Making) & Paul Kozak (OMAFRA - 2011 Update)
2012 OBBA and OBA Spring Meeting (OBA)
$35.40 (+ HST)
A 5-Disc Set of presentations from the 2012 Spring Meetings.
- D1 - Janet Tam (TTP - ON Queen Production) & Pierre Giovenazzo (Laval - Reproductive Characteristics)
- D2 - Paul Kelly (UoG - Buckfast Breeding), Les Eccles (TTP - Formal Breeding Program) and Heather Clark (D&G)
- D3 - Paul Kozak (OMAFRA - Queen & Nuc Update) and Pierre Giovenazzo (Laval - IPM)
- D4 - Doug McRory (Beekeeping) and Les Eccles (TTP - Pollination BMPs)
- D5 - Paul Kozak (OMAFRA - 2012 Info) and Pierre Giovenazzo (Laval - Hive Beetle)
2012 Annual General Meeting (OBA)
$44.25 (+ HST)
A 4-Disc Set of presentations from the 2012 Annual General Meeting.
- D1 - Devan Rawn (TTP - Queen Fertility), Dr. Hamiduzzaman (UoG - Viruses), Katie Lee (BIP), Paul Kozak (OMAFRA Update) and Dr. Rene Van Acker (UoG Update)
- D2 - Rod Scarlett (CHC Update), Les Eccles (TTP - Benefits of Pollen), Dave Mendes (US Bkpr - Year in the Life of) and Dr. Rene Van Acker (UoG - GM Trait Movement)
- D3 - Nancy Comber (OBA), Madeleine Chagnon PhD (UQAM - Pesticides), Murray Belyk (Bayer Bee Care), Paul Kozak (OMAFRA - Bee Kill Incidents) and Katie Lee (BIP)
- D4 - Dr. Guzman and grad students (UoG), Connie Hart (PMRA - Pesticide Incidents) and Dave Mendes (US Bkpr - Honey Bee Nutrition)
2012 Business Opportunities for Northern Blueberry Pollination Tour (OBA)
$30.97 (+ HST)
A 3-Disc Set from the 2012 AMI Business Opportunities Presentations
- D1 - Doug McRory (OBA), Trevor Laing (Level Plains Blueberry Farm) and Doug McRory (Pollination Management)
- D2 - Dr. Connie Nelson (Lakehead - Cooperatives), Paul Kozak (OMAFRA) and Melanie Kempers (TTP - IPM for Pollination)
- D3 - Les Eccles (TTP - Pollination Strategies), Dr. Rob Currie (UoM - Northern Beekeeping), Devan Rawn (TTP - Honey House Design) and Nancy Comber (OBA - Business Incentives)