Whether you keep bees for commercial purposes or for pure enjoyment, the OBA works for you.
Now, more than ever, successful beekeeping requires effort on all fronts: research that finds practical approaches to new issues; teaching that ensures healthy beekeeping practices; and advocacy that problem-solves with industry and every level of government.
Membership in the OBA saves you money in workshops, meetings and subscriptions, and protects you through affordable group insurance. But just as important, membership connects you with other beekeepers and supports a common effort to promote and protect bees and the beekeeping industry, of which we are all a part.
Join the effort. It’s worth it.
- Representation to all levels of government and with other sectors on urgent and long-term beekeeping issues.
- Reasonably priced comprehensive general liability insurance, unique to our industry, that protects your personal assets.
- Alerts on emerging issues facing beekeeping. Opportunity to present resolutions at the AGM on issues of importance to you.
- Current industry information and market intelligence to grow your business.
- Information on government funding programs such as Advance Payments Program and the Wildlife Crop Damage Fund.
- Effective media relations to build public awareness and support the industry.
- Access to OBA’s hygienic Bee Breeding Program.
Find a Membership Category for you.